Director, Quantitative Scientist, RWE
Remote or Arlington, VA – USA
Inspire is the world’s largest and fastest growing health community. With over 10 million annual users, patients and caregivers can discover a unique type of health and wellness support. Inspire also accelerates medical progress by connecting patients with researchers and doctors working to discover breakthrough treatments.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a technical contributor who can help drive innovation on how we integrate and analyze real-world data to improve clinical outcomes. Our work is at the junction of biostatistics, machine learning and epidemiology, and in this role you will be driving projects that integrate multiple data sources including claims, electronic medical records, patient-reported outcomes and user generated contents at Inspire to infer patient journey and disease progression over time. The ideal candidate will have exposure to design and execution of clinical studies, as well hands-on experience analyzing this data to support the study endpoints. We value outstanding problem-solving, analytical and communication skills; experience with multitasking and prioritizing; the tenacity to execute against deliverables in a timely, high-quality fashion; and an attitude towards learning.
Working in a rapidly expanding business, we will partner with Inspire cross-functional partners including database engineers, data scientists and product managers to help develop, commercialize, and deliver our analytics products in rare and/or chronic disease as well as cancer research. Our next team member will:
- Become a subject matter technical expert on our data and its capabilities
- Contributes to the design, execution and analysis of clinical studies for both client and internal research projects by transforming real-world clinical data into actionable insights
- Work with a cross-functional team to define and clarify analytic requirements, develop analysis plans, ensure data quality standards, and create publication-ready methods and results
- Communicate findings, roadblocks and timelines cross-functionally to support project objectives and generate ideas for analyses to shape future projects, contributing to a pipeline of opportunities that will help Inspire achieve its ambitious growth goals
- Optimize existing Inspire products and develop re-usable tools and algorithms to predict health-related outcomes using real-world data integrated with Inspire member population
- Maintain the highest level of rigor and apply best practices to create reproducible, generalizable, fair, unbiased, and preferably interpretable models.
- Develop and review analysis code as a major responsibility (approximately 70% of the time)
- Mentors future team members with diverse backgrounds to drive learning and engagement
WHAT WE NEED:
- Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline, such as biostatistics, epidemiology, applied statistics, or health economics, or equivalent experience with 7+ years of experience analyzing real-world clinical data OR
- PhD in a quantitative discipline, such as biostatistics, epidemiology, applied statistics, or health economics, or equivalent experience with 5+ years of experience analyzing real-world clinical data
- Understanding of statistics: hypothesis tests, source of biases, mixed effect models, experiment design.
- Love working with data and proficient in one of statistical programming languages (Such as R, SAS or Stata)
- High level of motivation and willingness to learn new tools and ideas. Real-World Evidence is a quickly evolving field.
- Effective in communication, both oral and written
- Self-motivated and flexible, thrive in highly uncertain situations, and enjoy coming up with elegant and innovative solutions to challenging problems while balancing against tight timelines
- Highly-effective collaborator and are motivated by the opportunity to work with data and software engineers and other members of the Inspire team to improve patient outcomes.
- Exposure to patient-reported outcome measures
- Exposure to machine-learning methodology and various applications
- Experience with longitudinal EHR and/or claims data
- Biopharma/MedTech/Consulting experience
WHAT WE VALUE:
- Collaboration and effective working relationships with colleagues
- Resourcefulness and a results-oriented approach
- Passion for growth
- Enthusiasm about working creatively in a fast-paced environment
- Passion about the intersection of health and technology
- Empathy for patients and caregivers
What Inspire Offers:
- Very competitive compensation and benefits
- A flexible work environment, with remote work option
- An innovative and collaborative work environment