Director of Development
Temporarily WFH due to COVID-19 • Chennai, India
Location: Chennai, India. Work from home flexible but individuals must be eligible to work in Chennai, India without sponsorship
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
Inspire Analytics Private Limited is creating a new software development group based in Chennai. We are seeking a Director of Development to work alongside our India based data science group and with our US based engineering and product owners to create a software development team to iterate on our mobile web application (www.inspire.com) and native mobile apps.
Our new team member will:
We intend to create a group where developers work on interesting projects with social benefit to the whole world, which will encourage employees to stay and contribute for years. Our India-based Director of Development will:
- Create a strategic plan for building a software development group of highly talented engineers which includes roles for developers, QA, infrastructure and architecture.
- Implement this strategic plan, working with the team to set culture, norms, and processes in conjunction with the existing US based development efforts. You will lead the development team to understand the mission of Inspire and foster an environment which motivates employees and encourages longevity in their positions.
- Evangelize and use Agile methodologies to develop product features.
- From concept to implementation and delivery, collaborate with cross-functional teams to bring Inspire features to life.
- Ensure that the engineering process runs smoothly and is integrated with our US based development teams.
- Analyze project and team metrics to help you and the executive staff identify risks and problem areas as well as mitigation strategies and solutions.
WHAT WE NEED:
Our India-based Director of Development will have skills and/or knowledge that includes:
- At least 8 years of proven experience as a leader of software development teams overseeing mobile web, iOS, and android application development
- Experience creating and managing a development team from the ground up.
- BS in Computer Science. A background in software development – you know what it takes and the skills required to build and deliver a product
- Someone who cares about excellence in software development, as well as creating an excellent team culture.
- Someone who exemplifies the servant leader mentality.
- Experience working with a US based product team.
- Understands how to leverage and integrate AWS cloud services in developing a product.
- Experience leading a continuous integration and release environment.
- Understanding of the QA process where the focus is product quality including minimizing system downtime and bugs.
- Experience managing budgets and resources
- Experience using Jira and Confluence to manage projects and teams
- Passion for exploring new technologies and groundbreaking processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to interact with technical and non-technical team members as well as upward and downward communication.
WHAT WE VALUE:
- Passionate about the intersection of health and technology
- Resourcefulness and team collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- You get our mission and have a strong empathy for the members using our products and passion for growth
- Collaboration – an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers, stakeholders, and clients
Full time employees are eligible for:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Quarterly performance bonus
- Health insurance
- Flexible Time Off policy