Community Manager, I
WFH Flexible • Remote or Arlington, VA – USA
Inspire is the world’s largest and fastest growing health community. With over 10 million annual users and 100 communities, patients and caregivers can discover a unique type of health and wellness support. Inspire also accelerates medical progress by connecting patients with researchers and doctors working to discover breakthrough treatments.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
The Community Manager, I works closely with our members to help them with all aspects of their experience. As part of this team, you will bridge the gap between our members and their online support communities.The ideal candidate will have customer service experience, either online or off, and be able to work in a sometimes demanding environment. Being patient and able to understand our members and what their needs are is vitally important to being successful in this job. This role is contract to hire and involves shift work to ensure we have Community Managers working during all times when our members may need support.
Our new team member will:
Hours per week: up to 40 hours per week (Hours per week will fall between 36-40 hours, however hours may fluctuate from week to week. Consultant should not exceed 40 hours per week without written approval)
Shifts: Friday-Monday 7am-4pm ET (Eastern time) Shifts are subject to change according to the business need and team requirements. Consultant will also attend a weekly meeting and may be asked to provide coverage for team members when they are going to be out of the office which can include any shift day, midday or overnight shifts. There will be a training period during the first few weeks that will be on a different shift.
- Monitor site activity on Inspire.com.
- Quickly learn our site guidelines and our member support system
- Answer help requests and messages we receive from members with support as needed from team members.
- Identify and report Adverse Events to the appropriate entities
- Troubleshoot member issues, coordinating with our development team when necessary.
- Use problem-solving skills and exercise good judgment to ensure Inspire is a safe, supportive community.
- Escalate issues up the chain of command as necessary
- Assist other departments with necessary member communication and product QA
- Have working knowledge of GDPR and CCPA
- Communicate and collaborate clearly and effectively within the community team and cross-functionally
- Utilize any downtime appropriately to help further company-wide goals and initiatives.
- Attend regular team meetings and additional strategy and planning meetings as needed.
- Provide coverage for other team member’s FTO as needed
WHAT WE NEED:
- Customer service experience
- Eager to troubleshoot and solve problems as well as an ability to professionally communicate solutions to individuals with differing levels of technical knowledge
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Business awareness and analytical skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities
Experience with social networks, online communication platforms like forums, peer to peer communications and messaging systems
WHAT WE VALUE:
- Resourcefulness and team collaboration
- Analytical thinking
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about the intersection of health and technology
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
Full time employees are eligible for:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous Flexible Time Off policy (ask us about it!)
- Stock options
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching
- Work from anywhere in the US